POWERCHINA's core competitiveness of industrial management, development planning, survey and design, EPC contracting and project investment, operation and maintenance in the solar power industry is the backbone of the development of China's solar power. Up to now, POWERCHINA has carried out the construction and implementation of solar projects in about 30 countries around the world, including Morocco, Algeria, Oman, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, and Argentina, with a total installed capacity of about 9 GW.
1. Noor Phase III CSP Project (150 MW) in Morocco, a central tower Concentrating Solar Power project, has the largest unit capacity in the world. The Project won the 2019 China International Sustainable Infrastructure Award, the 2020 China Power Quality Project (Overseas) Award, and the Social Responsibility Award Certificate issued by the Moroccan government.
2. Noor Phase II CSP Project (200 MW) in Morocco uses the parabolic trough CSP system. The Project won the 2019 China International Sustainable Infrastructure Award, the 2020 China Power Quality Project (Overseas) Award, and the Social Responsibility Award Certificate issued by the Moroccan government.
3. Dau Tieng Photovoltaic Solar Power Project (500 MW) in Vietnam is the biggest solar project in Southeast Asia and the world's largest semi-immersed photovoltaic project. The Project won the 2019 Asian Power Awards, the 2020 China Power Quality Project (Overseas) Awards, and the 2020-2021 China Construction Engineering Luban Award (Overseas Engineering).
4. DAMI Solar Power Project (47.5 MW), located in Dami Reservoir, Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam, greatly saves the land use area and is the first floating photovoltaic power plant in Vietnam.
5. SKTM Photovoltaic Project (233 MW) in Algeria is the first large-scale photovoltaic power plant in Algeria and has won the International Energy Corporation Best Practices award.
6. Argentina Cauchari Jujuy Solar PV Project (315 MW) is the world's highest large-scale photovoltaic power station. During the first Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation, under the witness of the heads of both China and Argentina, a cooperation document of the Cauchari Solar PV Project was signed.
7. IBRI II Solar Project in Oman (575 MW), is currently the largest photovoltaic project in Oman and the largest photovoltaic project in Oman's "National Energy Plan".
8. Dunhuang Huineng Photovoltaic Power Project (20 MW) in Gansu is the first photovoltaic power project developed by POWERCHINA by using the integrated model encompassing the investment, construction and operation.
9. Goejaba and Pikin Slee Photovoltaic Microgrid Project in Suriname
The project is constructed in the two villages of Goejaba and Pikin Slee, with a total installed photovoltaic capacity of 673.2 kW and a total energy storage capacity of 2.6 MWh. It was put into operation in May 2020. The successful implementation of the project sets a precedent for Chinese enterprises to provide high-quality power services in vast areas overseas without electricity.