PowerChina International Group Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as POWERCHINA), a world-leading international contractor and developer, has entered the Zambian market for 22 years since 1999 through its professional sub-brand, SINOHYDRO & SEPCO.
With the vision of providing comprehensive energy services to the nation, POWERCHINA has successfully implemented several remarkable projects, such as the Kariba North Bank Extension Project, Itezhi Tezhi Hydro Power Plant, and Maamba Thermal Power Plant. At present, we are implementing several projects, including the road projects like Kitwe to Chingola 45-km Road, Nchelenge to Chiengi Road, the OPRC package 1&7 under RDA, the Lusaka Sanitation Program under Sewerage Infrastructure supported by AfDB, Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower with Evacuation Transmission Line Project, which serves as the key project of Zambia-China Infrastructure Cooperation and is of significance to both countries.
POWERCHINA also leaves its footmarks in the areas of renewable energy, wind energy, and solar power.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Zambia has been through a lot and POWERCHINA is well-prepared to help Zambian people back to their normal life. POWERCHINA will be and always be Zambia's first energy solution maker and it will pay its all efforts to build Zambia a sustainable future.
1. Output and performance-based road contracts (OPRC and asset management contracts) for design, rehabilitation, improvement, routine, and periodic maintenance works of Package 1 Central Province (Mkushi District)
2. Contract to design and build the 2 × 180 MW Kariba North Bank Extension Hydropower Station
3. The engineering, supply, construction, and installation of the plant and equipment under the Turkey Contract for the development of the 120 MW (2 x 60 MW) Itezhi Tezhi Hydropower Project
4. The development of the 120 MW (2 x 60 MW) Itezhi Tezhi Hydropower Project
5. The engineering, procurement, construction, delivery, installation, and commissioning of the 750 MW (5 x 150 MW) Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in the Chikankata District
6. Contract number zesco/062/2016 for engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) plus financing for the construction of Three(03) 330 Kv Transmission Lines and associated facilities
7. Riverside Solar Expansion Project
8. Rehabilitation, upgrade, and expansion of sewerage infrastructure under the AfDB component of the Lusaka Sanitation Program-Contract Package